Pam Perry on encore careers, side hustles and reinventing your business
20+ year PR Veteran Pam Perry talks about how to change the way you do business as the world around you changes, shortening your learning curve and aligning your work to what you love.
Pam Perry is a social media strategist and PR coach that has been in the public relations game for more than 20 years as the founder of Pam Perry PR and her former company, Ministry Marketing Solutions.
Pam helps authors, speakers, thought leaders, nonprofits and brands use the latest social media and PR strategies to reach their goals and shine like a superstar online. Pam’s resume includes producing for Christian Television Network and promoting books for globally-recognized spiritual leaders like Bishop T. D. Jakes and Dr. Cindy Trimm.
In this episode, Pam talks about:
- How she unknowingly became a pioneer in the work from home movement
- Changing the way you do business as the world around you changes
- Why working harder isn’t always the answer
- Encore careers and overcoming fear of technology
- How to keep your weaknesses from slowing you down
Plus, she’ll share the biggest mistake she made in business and how you can avoid it.
Mentioned During the Show
- Meetup: A platform to find or create face-to-face gatherings of people based on similar interests. Meetup.com
- Fiverr– Get graphic design, photo editing, animation, audio file cleanup and editing, voiceovers and just about any service you can think of from freelancers starting at $5.
- Anchor– Podcast directly from an app on your phone.
- Evernote – Organize personal and professional projects online. Upload and organize articles, photos, files, voice memos, etc.
- Dropbox– Secure online file sharing and storage.
- Three Books on Launching:
- Launch: An Internet Millionaire’s Secret Formula To Sell Almost Anything Online, Build A Business You Love, And Live The Life Of Your Dreams by Jeff Walker Get it on Amazon
- Launch!: The Critical 90 Days from Idea to Market by Scott Duffy – Get it on Amazon
- Launch: How to Quickly Propel Your Business Beyond the Competition by Michael Stelzner – Get it on Amazon
- Isha’s Book
- Five Rules to Win Being You by Isha Cogborn – Get it on Amazon
Thank you Isha. You are amazing… always inspirational and such a light to the world. Shine on girl. Love you!!!!
Thank you for blazing the trail for people like me, Pam!