Perfection is an Illusion
Do you feel like you’re not pretty or polished enough to build a platform? Working in media, Sarah R. Adams has had a front-row seat to the insecurities we often have to work through when our work puts us on stages, in front of the camera or behind the microphone.
Sarah is an award-winning multimedia producer, freelance reporter, writer and educator with over 20 years of professional experience in broadcasting and higher education. As part of our Platform for Purpose incubator faculty, Sarah teaches the two-day On-Air Boot Camp experience, providing subject-matter experts, coaches and consultants with practical skills to be their best selves when they’re in the spotlight.
In this episode, I talk to Sarah about:
- Why we turn into someone we’re not when the camera comes on.
- How to make sure you’re not distracting from the message people need to receive.
- Avoiding the comparison trap.
Platform for Purpose Boot Camp
Are you ready to build your platform, but don’t know where to start? Perhaps you’re completely overwhelmed trying to figure out where to invest your time, energy and money. Should you be blogging? Podcasting? Livestreaming? Hosting events? Pitching yourself to media? Do you need to hire a publicist?
Or maybe you’ve been letting those nagging voices keep trying to convince you that you’re not qualified, no one wants to listen to you, or you don’t look or sound good enough to be front and center.
If you can relate to any of these scenarios, I invite you to join Sarah and I for the Platform for Purpose Boot Camp.
IN THIS LIVE, VIRTUAL TRAINING EVENT, YOU’LL LEARN HOW TO:
- Build your confidence so you can show up on bigger platforms to reach the people you’re called to serve.
- Choose the right platforms to share your message (Hint: It isn’t ALL of them!)
- Authentically connect to the people you’re called to serve in a way that gets them to value your voice.
- Position yourself for speaking and media opportunities.
- Stay committed to your goals even when life gets in the way.
Learn more about the Platform for Purpose Boot Camp at Bootcamp.PlatformforPurpose.com.
Connect with Sarah R Adams:
Website – https://adams1sr1f8f.myportfolio.com/home
LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/sarah-r-adams-a70b263/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/AdamsCmu
Order On Purpose:12 Strategies to Reclaim Your Purpose and Change Your Life featuring Sarah Adams